ISO 20000 ITSMS – Information Technology Service Management System
ISO/IEC 20000 is an international IT standard that allows companies to demonstrate excellence and prove best practice in IT management.
The standard ensures companies can achieve evidence-based benchmarks to continuously improve their delivery of IT services. ISO/IEC 20000 was released in 2005 based on the IT infrastructure library (ITIL®) best practice framework, and updated in 2011.
The adoption of ISO/IEC 20000 has grown quite rapidly in the international arena of IT service providers and it has become a competitive differentiator for delivery of IT services.
ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 can be used by:
- an organization seeking services from service providers and requiring assurance that their service requirements will be fulfilled;
- an organization that requires a consistent approach by all its service providers, including those in a supply chain;
- a service provider that intends to demonstrate its capability for the design, transition, delivery and improvement of services that fulfil service requirements;
- a service provider to monitor, measure and review its service management processes and services;
- a service provider to improve the design, transition, delivery and improvement of services through the effective implementation and operation of the SMS; an assessor or auditor as the criteria for a conformity assessment of a service provider’s SMS to the requirements in ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011.
Benefits of ISO/IEC 20000 IT Service Management:
- Achieve international best practice standards of IT service management
- Develop IT services that are driven by and support business objectives
- Integrate people, processes and technology to support business goals
- Put in place controls to measure and maintain consistent levels of service
- ISO/IEC 2000 is compatible with ITIL to support continual improvement