Food Safety Management System
ISO 22000 is an International which specifies requirements for a food safety management system.
ISO 22000 combines and increases the core fundamentals of ISO 9001 and HACCP to provide an effective framework for the development, implementation and continual improvement of a Food Safety Management System (FSMS).
ISO 22000 Requirements are intended to be applicable to all organizations in the food chain regardless of size and complexity. This includes organizations directly or indirectly involved in any aspect of food chain. Organizations that are directly involved contain, feed producers, farmers, manufacturers of ingredients, food manufacturers, traders, food services, catering services, organizations providing cleaning and sanitation services, storage and distribution services, transportation, services etc. Other organizations that are indirectly involved include, equipment suppliers, packaging material manufacturers etc.
Compliance to ISO 22000 will bring following benefits:
- Compliance with the Codex HACCP principles
- Access to new markets and acceptance by customers such as supermarerts
- Compliance with a legal , business or regulatory requirement
- Competitive advantage in the marketplace, Improving business reputation & corporate image
- Identifying problem areas and opportunities for improvement
- Greater staff responsiveness of, and increased visibility of company obligations