Environment Management System
ISO 14001 is an Environment Management System (EMS), which is a tool to demonstrate that Organization take a serious commitment to protecting the environment and is committed to control the aspects of business that effect the local and wider environment and community.
ISO 14001 takes a pro-active approach and allows organization to consider environmental issues before they become a problem, rather than reacting to them afterwards.
It ensure that your organisation has effective measures to prevent pollution, to ensure legislative and regulatory compliance , to reduce environmental impacts , for Use of natural resources and Waste handling, disposal and treatment.
ISO 14001:2004 Certification offers more than just a globally recognised Environment Management System It offers other tangible benefits like:
- Builds responsiveness of the environment among employees
- Improved corporate image as environment friendly company
- Reduce energy consumption, reduces utility bills and waste streams
- Ensures compliance with environmental legislation
- Better relationship with Regulators and Removes a hurdle to working with government bodies, local authorities and larger commercial businesses who often prefer their suppliers to be ISO 14001 registered.